My son Easton continues to do great and thanks for the prayers!
If you want to see some pictures follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/brian.hunt5
Here is Part 2 of the 12 Things I Forgot About Having A Baby.
6. A Baby On Your Chest Is A Glimpse Heaven. This doesn’t take too much explanation. When your baby curls up on your chest and falls asleep you realize with every deep breath that God gave you a blessing like none other. I want to bottle this feeling so badly because there is nothing like it in the world.
5. Counting By 3’s Comes In Handy. As Cherie and I construct our nightly feeding game plan we quickly realized that we do in fact use some of the math we learned in 1st Grade. 12, 3, 6, 9 feedings are coming at you as sure as April 15 is coming for taxes. If you screw this up you might as well consider yourself toast for the rest of the day.
4. Changing A Diaper Is Exhausting. Trying to change a poopy diaper without getting any “condiments” on you is virtually impossible. Not to mention that you have to be a 3rd degree black belt dodge flying arms, legs, and parts. If you make it through unharmed you feel like you deserve a Congressional Medal of Honor.
3. You Cannot Swaddle A Baby Too Tight. I believe I could go head-to-head with a Chipotle burrito wrapper and win when it comes to swaddling a baby. Both our kids like to be wrapped so tightly in their swaddle blankets that you think you may have to cut them out of it. However if we didn’t do this our kids both have hands they don’t know what to do with as badly as Will Ferrell in Talladega Nights and will wake themselves up by flaying themselves in the face.
2. Babies Have Split Personalities. Babies can be jerks. Babies from 7:00 am – 9:00 pm are the sweetest things on earth as they sleep through anything including a 3-year-old big sister. Babies from 9:00 pm – 6:00 am are insane, evil, and make you want to pull your eyebrows out because they won’t sleep for anything! But then they flash that cute “I just farted, but you think I did it on purpose” smile and everything is good in the world again.
1. God Uses Babies To Multiple Love. Before you have a baby, you think your love expenditure is at it’s maximum and you have nothing more to give. Then God opens secret ventricles in your heart that you never knew about when you see that baby. Your love expands and God is awesome. I thank God everyday for Aniston and Easton. They have allowed Cherie and I to learn what unconditional love is all about and then to realize this is just a glimpse into the unconditional love God has for us.
Well that’s what I’ve forgotten about babies, but don’t worry it’s all coming back to me. I can’t wait to see what God teaches me through now being a daddy of 2 so stay tuned!!!!